APACAF collects donations for its Medical Missions and Disaster Relief Fund, which is reserved for victims of natural disasters. In the past, we’ve brought reliefs to victims of the Gulf Coast BP oil spill in 2010, Haiti earthquake in 2010, and Japan earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
Our most recent project was funding the Philippines Medical Mission November 2014, a year after Typhoon Haiyan.
Click on the links below to view videos aired on SBTN:
- Health Check-up at NINO Elementary School, Ormoc, Philippines Day 1: Nov 7, 2014
- Health Check-up at NINO Elementary School, Ormoc, Philippines Day 2: Nov 8, 2014
- Health Check-up at NINO Elementary School, Ormoc, Philippines Day 3: Nov 9, 2014
- A year after Typhoon Haiyan, STO. NÄ¨NO, ORMOC, Philippines Nov 11, 2014
- Looking back at 3-days of medical services in Ormoc, Philippines Nov 16, 2014
Between November and December 2013, APACAF raised $17,000 for victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines through over 100 individual donors from all across the United States.
December 3, 2013: APACAF participated the Vietnamese Refugees for the Philippines (VR4P) project to send donations to the Philippine Embassy. Click here for the Embassy of the Philippines Press Release.
January 3, 2014: APACAF partnered with SBTN to present a donation check to the Philippine Red Cross in Manila, Philippines.